Creating a guide of choosing the perfect pram is quite a challenge because there are so many factors to consider. After all, the word ‘perfect’ means different things to different people.
However, our pram guide aims to be both helpful and universal, so that every parent will find something useful in this guide to prams. That’s why we don’t point the finger at the best models but show you what to look for when buying your perfect one.
This way, you can tailor the product to your needs, taste, lifestyle, or other requirements. So, what should you look out for when buying? Use our pram guide to find the best baby pram for you and, most of all, for your child.
Types of prams: a key section in our pram buying guide
First of all, it is good to know the main differences between the various types of pushchairs, as these can significantly impact your child’s comfort. We have discussed the details in our other article ‘Difference Between Prams, Pushchairs, Strollers, and Buggies’, so here we will just point out the most important points
- Prams – designed for children up to six months of age, equipped with a carrycot that allows transport in a lay down position.
- Pushchairs – multifunctional models designed for children over six months of age, allowing them to travel in a seated position. The 2-in-1 versions can be used from an earlier age by attaching a carrycot.
- Strollers – lighter versions of pushchairs with the child facing forward. Usually easy to fold and carry.
As you can see in this section of our pram guide, prams and pushchairs can be divided into types of prams for babies up to six months and those for older children. It is worth keeping this in mind and, for example, investing in two models (pram and stroller) or a 2-in-1 option that can be adapted as your baby grows
What features are most important when buying prams?
The next part of our baby pram guide is the different kinds of features you can choose from. And there are many of them – from design and overall look of the pram to functions that make everyday life with a child effortless.
And again, we understand that not all parents need all the available features. We have demonstrated it in our collection of pushchairs, where each model is available in several options to make it even easier to adapt to individual preferences. But it is good to know the possibilities because sometimes – especially with a first child – many parents are lost in the dark and do not know what will work best for them.
So, what do you need to look out for? From our experience, the key points are:
- Wheels – size, type or interchangeability. If you plan to take short and easy walks in the city, consider a pushchair with smaller wheels that are easier to manoeuvre and lighter in weight. However, if you plan to take your child on more challenging, longer trips or more intensive walks, larger and sturdier wheels are a better choice, as they will provide better suspension and stability in such conditions.
- The ability to fold and unfold – many prams offer this possibility, but look for ease of collapsing. This may seem like a minor consideration when buying a pushchair, but it will be very important in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Especially if you have a smaller living area (a pushchair that folds up saves a lot of space) or if you plan to travel by car frequently (make sure that the pushchair fits into the boot when folded).
- Materials and quality – the higher the quality of materials (e.g. attention to detail), the more durable and comfortable the pram will be. Try to choose models from reputable manufacturers with high-quality standards. And although the purchase price of such products may be higher, the better quality will allow you to use the pram for longer (e.g. for the next child) or resell it at an attractive price.
- Options – choosing a pushchair is often not just about the pushchair itself, as there are models on the market that offer several bundle options. Our pram shop is no exception, as you can choose from one of available options when shopping (e.g. 3-in-1, which includes a carrycot, car seat and many other accessories).
- Safety – this is perhaps the most essential aspect, so remember it. Make sure that the pushchair has all the necessary certifications and additional security features (e.g. UV filtered fabrics) so that you can be sure that every walk with your child is not only enjoyable but also completely safe.
As you can see, there are a lot of things to consider when choosing a pushchair, and the points above are the fundamentals. They are the ones that make the biggest difference in how the pushchair will be used on a day-to-day basis and whether it fits into a family’s lifestyle.
Our pram buying guide does not cover the design and overall look of the pram aspects which is also important however, we have prepared a separate article on this: ‘3 things to consider before buying a pushchair‘.
We recommend you to read it, as the information included complements the above article , giving you a fuller picture of your dream pram. Or have you already decided on what you want? If so, we invite you to visit our online shop to buy the best pram quickly and easily.
Most popular prams
Upline Moonstone Pram
Tinum Edge Ocean Pram
Upline Stone Beige Pram
Tinum Edge Dust Pram
Upline Misty Rose Pram
Upline SE Lava Pram
Tinum Edge Charcoal Pram
Tinum Edge Moss Pram
Upline All Black Pram
Upline Classic Grey Pram